Lovely in Lavender - Designer: Michelle Marshall
Here’s the recipe for Michelle’s tasty lavender biscuits as featured in the May 2011 issue – these would make a fabulous gift!
- 115g butter, softened
- 55g lavender sugar (see below for how to make this)
- 150g plain flour, sifted
To make the lavender sugar, wrap 2tbsp of lavender flowers in muslin and use to infuse one cup of white sugar. Set the sugar aside for two weeks, shaking occasionally. After two weeks the lavender sachet can be discarded.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2.
- In a mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar until thoroughly blended.
- Add the flour and mix in with your fingers into a soft dough.
- Place the dough on a floured working surface and flatten down to 3mm thickness.
- Using a biscuit cutter cut into shapes.
- Place the shortbread shapes on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until pale golden and set. Remove, cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin until serving.
Updated: 28 March 2011