Sitting Pretty - Designer: Kay Carley
Another idea from Kay on grounding stamped images, to complement her October 2010 magazine feature.
Additional materials from those listed in the magazine...
- Whiff of Joy: Willow with Hot Chocolate (E010)
- Copic Ciao markers: W3 Warm Grey; E49 Dark Bark; E31 Brick Beige; E33 Sand
- Copic Sketch markers: E25 Caribe Cocoa; E97 Deep Orange; E99 Baked Clay
- Copic Spica pen: Chocolate
- Distress inkpads: Forest Moss; Frayed Burlap; Rusty Hinge
- Leaf brad
A very simple way of ‘grounding’ a sitting image is through the use of background papers. For this card I chose to give the impression of Willow being outdoors (rather than the indoor look I created for the Warming Drinks card) by cutting her out and using strips and panels of background papers that I had created with the Distress inkpads. Because this figure looks as if she is leaning against something, where you position the join of the background papers is paramount, therefore I put the strip of green paper so that it lined up with the base of her back so that it appears she is leaning against it.
Updated: 02 September 2010