Fine Porcelain - Designer: Hels Sheridan
Here’s another great idea from Hels for using your faux porcelain flowers.
- The Artistic Stamper: Flower Power Set
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection: Natures Discovery (CMS 049); Mini Cirque Alpha (CMS 079); Spring Sprung (CMS 084)
- Ranger Melt Pot
- Ranger Clear UTEE powder
- Ranger Melt Art Cool Tools
- Ranger Non-Stick Craft Sheet
- Off-cut of mountboard
- Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby Paper Stack
- Ranger Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet; Tumbled Glass
- Distress Stickles: Rock Candy
- Old pearls
- Silicone glue
Take a piece of mountboard and cut to approx 19cm x 4cm (7 ½” x 1 5/8”). Cover both sides with the Vintage Shabby papers and then sand gently around the edges, smoothing the corners and edges. Use Cut-n-Dry foam to blend the Distress Ink around the edges. Stamp the sentiment and foliage onto one side and stamp the word ‘read’ onto the other side.
Use each size of the Flower Power set, stamping onto the Vintage Shabby paper, make each one into a five-petal flower. In a similar way to that shown in the magazine tutorial, make a peak in the base of each, dip each layer into the Melt Pot and assemble as you go. Add a little bead or pearl to the centre. Once cooled, stick to the bookmark using silicone glue.
Updated: 30 July 2010