Crackling Up - Designer: Hels Sheridan
A bonus project from Hels showing another application for her fabulous ‘poor man’s crackle’ technique, as demonstrated in the July 2010 issue.
Prince of Birds Hanging Decoration
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection: Spring Sprung (CMS084)
- Plain wooden bird decoration
- Claudine Hellmuth paint: Sky Blue; Smidge of Blue
- KaiserCraft paint: Antique White
- PVA Glue (must be a dries clear variety)
- Metal embellishments and charms
- Non-stick craft sheet
- At least two flat paint brushes
- StazOn Ink: Jet Black
- Silicone glue
This bird is a wooden piece, so I sanded it to give it a good key before painting. Paint your base colour, allow this to dry and then paint the PVA layer and the top coat layer and allow these to dry thoroughly (following the step-by-step tutorial in the magazine). Using a small paint brush and the third contrasting colour of acrylic paint, edge the whole item so it is neatly finished. Using StazOn ink, stamp onto the bird ensuring you don’t cover the whole piece so you can still see the crackles. Add a metal crown to the bird’s head using silicone glue to fix it in place. Finally, make a metal dangly using wire and metal charms and fix it to the loop on the bird.Go Shopping!
Materials available from The Artistic Stamper, www.theartisticstamper.com
Updated: 27 May 2010