Stamping Contrasts - Designer: Gail Milburn
Our Stamping Contrasts challengers worked with some lovely bird stamps from Creative Expressions this month. Gail made this extra item for the challenge.
- Creative Expressions stamps: Birds
- Scraps of white card
- Blue plain paper (Basic Grey Marrakech)
- Gingham fabric scrap
- Metal (tomato paste tube)
- Black Versafine inkpad
- Flower punch
- Flat backed gems (or broken jewellery pieces)
- Jar (Ikea)
- Cut a heart shaped piece of chipboard. Cover both sides with the blue paper. Stamp the Bird flourish with black Versafine onto both sides. Distress the edges with the sandpaper. Punch a hole in the top.
- Stamp the words onto scraps of white card and add to the heart as shown.
- To make the blossom punch out a flower shape from the cleaned tomato paste tube and using an old ballpoint pen add some definition to the petals.
- Cut a circle of gingham fabric. Add this to the jar lid.
- Tie the chipboard heart in place with thread and add some lace and length of diamante chain from a broken necklace to the lid.
- Add the metal flower with a gem in the centre to cover the hole.
For more information on Creative Expressions products and for a list of stockists visit www.expressrubberstamps.co.uk
Updated: 30 April 2010