Back to Nature - Designer: Kay Carley
Another example of Kay’s fabulous shrink plastic technique as seen in the March 2010 issue.
Tall Flower and Leaves Card
Materials Kay used…
- Crafty Individuals: CI-248 (two birds on a branch); CI-182 (big flourish); CI-116 (crackle background)
- Inkadinkado: Garden Words (97722)
- Judikins: Mince Flourish (JK2972G)
- Frosted shrink plastic
- Woodware double-sided self-adhesive sheet
- StazOn inkpads: Opaque Cotton White; Timber Brown
- Pigment inkpads: Robin’s Egg; Olive
- Memento inkpad: Bamboo Leaves
- Copic Ciaos
- Copic Spicas
- Baby wipes
- Woodware 5mm Metal Gold Nailheads
Create a background as for the main card shown in the magazine but this time using a tall white panel and stamping butterflies instead of dragonflies and different wording. Tear a 20.5cm x 26cm (8” x 10¼”) sheet of frosted shrink plastic in half lengthways and then tear one of these halves into thirds and shrink each of these pieces as for the main card in the magazine. Stamp onto each of the pieces separately, using the leaves from one of the bird branches on two of the pieces and one of the flowers from the Inkadinkado set for the other piece. Decorate in the same way as for the main card.
A step-by-step tutorial for this technique is available in our March 2010 issue.
Updated: 29 January 2010