Fab Flourishes - Designer: Kay Carley
An extra card from Kay to complement her Fab Flourishes article from the February 2010 issue.
Stamps Kay used…
- Aspects of Design The Kay Carley Collection stamp sheets: No.57 Funky Frames and 58 Fancy Flourishes
- Brilliance inkpads: Graphite Black
- Adirondack inkpad: Juniper
- Brilliance inkpad: Pearlescent Ivy
- Copic Ciaos: YR03 Yellow Ochre; YR31 Light Reddish Yellow; Y11 Pale Yellow; YR02 Light Orange; YR00 Powder Pink; 0 Blender
- Copic Sketch: E25 Caribe Cocoa
- Doodlebug Sugar Coated Brads: Tuxedo
As this is only a little card I didn’t want to overdo the background. I began by stamping the main card using a flourish and Juniper ink. On a separate white panel I sponged this ink and randomly stamped using a flourish and the Juniper inkpad; trimmed it to size and stuck it to the left of the main card. Next I used Pearlescent Ivy and a smaller flourish down the left side of the card and the fine flourish down the right side. Lastly I used the dotty swirl (from Funky Frames) and Graphite Black ink to stamp around the edge of the card.
For more projects like this, see the February issue of Craft Stamper, on sale 1st January 2010.
Updated: 21 December 2009