Christmas Masterboard - by Jo Firth-Young
Another idea for using your versatile Christmas masterboard!
- Cuttlebug and Nestabilities dies (labels 3)
- Peel-off greetings
- Fiskars Sunburst border punch
- Pink and black card
- 12.5cm² white greeting card blank
- Create a masterboard as described in the step-by-step sequence in the magazine.
- Use silver ink and stamp the Inkadinkado snowflake onto the card blank in an ordered pattern: start at the bottom left hand corner and work across and up in rows – this will create a honeycomb style pattern.
- Cut two panels using the Nestabilities dies – the smaller from the masterboard and the larger of the two in card to suit the masterboard.
- Cut two border lengths in black card using the Fiskars punch. Cut a 7mm (1/4”) deep 12.5cm (5”) long strip of black card.
- Attach the coloured panel of card to the centre of the card. Attach the two border strips to the card so their patterns match and so the 7mm strip will sit neatly on top hiding the join (don’t stick it down yet!). Attach the masterboard panel on top of the pink panel and black borders.
- Attach the plain strip over the top of all the layers. Place peel-off (silver) along the strip. Stamp, emboss and cut out stars and attach the card; create some on white background and some on black. Flat mount two stars and 3D mount the third, accent them all with a gem. Accent the background snowflakes with coloured Stickles – pick the colour that co-ordinates best with the masterboard panel.
Updated: 02 November 2009