Down in the Meadow
Here’s a lovely extra project made by Helen for her Down in the Meadow feature in the July ’09 issue.
There wasn’t room for it in the magazine, so we’re showing it to you here instead. There are step-by-step instructions for the layered stamping technique in the magazine article.
Stamps Helen used
- Elusive Images stamps: Autumn Hedgerow unmounted theme plate (UDLSP0234)
- Nature Table unmounted theme plate (UDLSP0235)
- Wild Meadow unmounted theme plate (UA4SP0176)
- Butterfly Poppy Collage unmounted theme plate (UA4SP0236)
- StazOn inkpad – Jet Black
- Kaleidacolor inkpad - Flannel
- Glossy white cardstock
- Cardstock – deep pink, moss green
- Stickles glitter glue – Buttercup
- Sakura Gelly Roll pen – black
- Cotton buds
- Beads and findings
Stamp the butterflies in black and mask. Stamp the honesty flower in orange/pink/green and colour in with a cotton bud using the Kaleidacolor inkpad. Stamp the tall grasses and solid flowers over the top in black StazOn and fill in with the leafy sprays.
Remove masks and colour butterflies yellowy orange using a cotton bud. Outline the butterflies with black Sakura pen. Layer the stamped panel onto pink card. Add glitter to wings. Add a length of ribbon to back with a hoop and beads attached. Layer onto moss green card to finish.
Elusive Images stamps and Kaleidacolor inkpads are available from Graphicus, www.graphicus.co.uk, 01833 695958
Updated: 22 May 2009